Monday, March 31, 2014

Longer life span?

1. How long would you want to live, if you could choose a life span? I think that I would like to live into my nineties. I would like to live to an age where I can still be active and enjoy life instead of being so old that I can barely move have to stay put all day.

2. Do you agree with the author that "adding years to life doesn't necessarily make it any fuller?"
I do agree with this statement. I feel that it's not about how long you live but what you do in that time. If you spend your extra time given by science doing nothing then it's as if you hadn't lived any longer than before.

3. Do you think the benefits outweigh the potential negative consequences?
I don't think they do because there is already so many unemployed people and there is a very large rise in healthcare costs. Although this could give someone the second chance they need to change the way they used to live.


3 comments:

  1. I completely agree with all of your statements! I do have one question though, would your opinion change if you were thinking about a loved one? Like a grandmother or grandfather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I specifically like the way you answered number to and I think that's true too! Keep up the good work Zach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you that after a certain point life would suck because you can't do anything. You answered these questions nicely. ASO !!!

    ReplyDelete